Cannot find text or value inside a split

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 13 09:34:34 EST 2013

On 13 February 2013 14:04, DonM <dm413-gc at intielectronics.com> wrote:
> I want to search my account register for words that appear in the memo field
> of a split transaction. This doesn't seem to work. I can find words in the
> description and note fields of the transaction itself, but it never finds
> anything when I search the memo field. Even if I search for "contains" a
> single letter such as "A" in the memo field it does not return anything.
>
> Similarly, finding a "value" seems to only work for the amounts in the debit
> and credit fields of the main transaction. I cannot find an amount that is
> in the debit or credit field of a split.

I believe that if you are in the register for a particular account
then the search will only search transactions specifically for that
account, so if the split or amount is, for example, on an expense
account, but you are looking at the bank account then it will not find
it.  If you go to the main Accounts tab, that shows all the accounts
and do the search from there then it should find them.  Or of course
if you go to the appropriate Expenses account and search from there.

Colin