Realized Gain error

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 13 18:32:41 EST 2013

Chris--

If you haven't sold any part of your holdings, then the Advanced Portfolio shouldn't report any realized gains, since you haven't realized anything yet. Is it possible that the report entries are mis-aligned? I know that I have seen that the Advanced Portfolio, when it has trouble calculating a figure (like, say the cost basis), will leave a blank entry, and then fail to shift subsequent columns over. Thus, it may be that the entry you see under "Realized Gains" is actually meant for a different column.

If however, you really are seeing an entry for realized gains when you haven't sold anything, then we'll need more detail to figure out why you are getting anomalous results.

David