dumb question about vendors direct purchase

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Feb 19 13:30:57 EST 2013

Paul Elliott <pelliott at blackpatchpanel.com> writes:

> On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 08:36:58AM +0800, whwtan wrote:
>> You enter the same thing as you would with a bill (i.e. First enter
>> the amount owed to vendor, then pay it off using your accounts)
>> except that you do not have an invoice number when first inputting
>> the "Payable"?
>>
>> On 18/02/2013 07:19 AM, Paul Elliott wrote:
>> >How do you associate a payment with a vendor if there never
>> >was a bill, you paid for it when you got it?
>> >

> Suppose I have already done the transaction, and afterwords
> decide I was dealing with a vendor. Is there anyway to
> edit the transaction to indicate the vendor?

Sorry, no.  There is no way to convert an existing transaction to be a
vendor bill.  You will need to delete the existing transaction and enter
it as a vendor bill if you want it to be treated as a vendor bill.