What causes Slow program operation

Johannes Kapune listen at kapune.de
Sat Feb 23 11:44:14 EST 2013

Hi David,
I use older Toshiba laptop with only 2 gigs of RAM, but GnuCash start
time normally only depends on two things:
a) size of datafile (in my case xml, not database)
b) still open reports

to generate reports GnuCash has to examine all the data, so a big
datafile brings long time to generate, this also happened when starting
GnuCash (when I read the programmers answers right).

On windows there seems to be a problem with local connections to
127.0.0.x - there was a thread some month ago.

Johannes