What causes Slow program operation

prl prl at ozemail.com.au
Sat Feb 23 17:56:14 EST 2013

There was a similar complaint to David's early this month (Feb), but on
a Mac (Upgraded OS to Mountain Lion, downloaded latest GnuCash and RUNS
CRIPPLINGLY SLOW). There were some suggestions made, but I don't
remember the OP of that topic getting back to the list.

I run GnuCash on a 2.26GHz/4GB MacBook Pro, and while the startup time
for GunCash is rather slow, it's not excessive, and I don't have any
performance problems once it's running (~500kB compressed XML accounts
file).

Peter