Fwd: gnucash

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 27 10:14:04 EST 2013

Hi,

Rachel <rachelgoodpeople at aol.com> writes:

> Hi, I am new to all this and wondering how to save my gnucash file somewhere
> safe in case my computer crashes.
> Should I put it on a thumb drive?

Sure, although why not back up your whole computer?  The Mac has a
system called "Time Machine" which can do that.  Or there are many other
backup techniques you can use.  Or you can just back up the data file.
Your choice.

> How would I do this?

You would do it the same way you would back up a spreadsheet or text
document.  Just copy the file over.  (Make sure you copy it, not "move"
it).

> I see the file under file on gnucash, but don't see it on my computer.
> I have a mac.

If GnuCash is reading it then it's on your computer, somewhere.  It's
wherever you saved it.  Unfortunately I cannot tell you where you saved
it.  If you cannot remember where you saved it, then search your
computer for it.  It's there.  Then you can copy it.

> Please advise. Thank you.
> Rachel

Good Luck,