Copying a file on a Mac (was Re: Fwd: gnucash)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 27 11:33:05 EST 2013

Hi Rachel,

Rachel <rachelgoodpeople at aol.com> writes:

> I am sorry that I'm very new to computers.
> So when I open gnucash and go to accounts I have all my info there.

That's good.  That means the file exists ;)

> I want to just copy that info to a thumb drive.
> I can see what I want under the gnucash file as documents.gnucash, but I don't
> know how to copy that.

You should be able to drag-and-drop the file from your folder to the
thumb drive.  You may need to hold down the control key to make it copy
instead of move -- I believe you'll see a + over the icon, or something
like that.  I don't have a Mac so I can't tell you exactly what you
need.  I'm sure someone else will speak up quickly, as there are plenty
of Mac users on the list.  I've changed the subject to try to garner
their attention.

> Thank you.

Good Luck!

-derek