GNUCash child accounts distributed from parent account

Ais Suministrado suministrado.ais at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 02:31:21 EST 2013

Hi! I would like to ask if there is a way that an amount transferred to a
parent account would automatically distributed to its child accounts. Where
the distribution of the amount to its child accounts has different ratio or
percent it will be distributed but also been set beforehand.

For example, I moved 1000 to the parent account that has 5 child accounts.
Child A always gets a constant value of 300. The rest of the amount, 700,
are distributed in Child B, Child C, Child D, Child E but based on
hierarchy. Child B gets 40%, Child C gets 30%, Child D gets 20%, & Child E
gets 10% of the 700. Also, the child accounts will stop getting a
transferred amount when it reached a certain amount. Like if Child B
reached 3000, on the next transfer, Child B gets 0%, Child C gets 43.33%,
Child D gets 33.33%, Child E gets 23.33% of the difference of Child A & the
transferred account.

Again, that is just an example. There can be more or less than 1000 as the
value transferred, more or less than one child getting a constant value &
more or less than 5 child accounts.

I need to have something like this so that I can have savings set for
emergencies or investments & other items that I plan to save up to buy,
etc.

Is this possible to incorporate in GNUCash? Would it be possible to ask
how? Can somebody please point me out where I can start searching for
something like this? My main OS is a GNU/Linux distro, specifically Linux
Mint 13 XFCE 64bit. I code for a living so I don't mind programming a
script for this.

Thanks and best regards,

Ais