Cash flow statement

Kash kash at warmplanetbikes.com
Wed Jan 2 13:01:45 EST 2013

Derek-
Thanks for verifying that the numbers in the Gnucash cash flow are
accurate, but I still need to understand what GnuCash is doing and how I
can use it to help generate a standard cash flow statement.

What I think you mean by "line around selected accounts" is:
Cash flow shows the movement of assets into and out of a business. This
means that only transactions that involve an asset account and a non
asset account are recorded on a cash flow statement.

For example:
Asset(or bank) to expense gets recorded, but bank to bank does not.
Asset to liability gets recorded but liability to A/P does not.
Income to asset gets recorded but A/r to income does not.

If somebody could please verify that what is displayed in the "money
into selected accounts" and "money out of selected accounts" sections of
Gnucash's cash flow statement is consistent with this, I'd be grateful.