Closing books

Alexander Engelhardt kamaitachi at gmx.de
Thu Jan 3 10:32:03 EST 2013

I am opening a completely new file for 2013, just because I have so many
(now empty) accounts of stocks I don't own anymore, and bank accounts
that I've moved away from.
I don't like seeing all that empty, now unused accounts in my overview,
so I prefer starting from scratch.

If I would delete the accounts, a lot of transactions would end up in
"Inbalance" or "Orphan", and I don't like this either.

As far as I understand it, this is the best way out I have.