2.4.11 Windows version and using shared folders

Joseph Campisi III jchawk at tr0n.com
Mon Jan 7 10:58:10 EST 2013

Sure I would be happy to and apologize for any confusion I might have
caused.

To replicate the problem you need to create a network location by doing
the following -

1.  Within the My Computer windows right-click and select "add a network
location".

2.  Follow through the wizard and create a network location.  In our
example we will create \\storage\GnuCash

3.  This will create a network location named - GnuCash (storage(storage
server))

This location does appear in most Windows program like any other folder
would.

This however does not show up within GnuCash.

The answer it seems is to simply not use network locations and instead map
proper network drives.

I hope this helps to clarify things.

- Joe