gnucash environment problem

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 8 12:02:30 EST 2013

On 6 January 2013 16:47, rclar <rclar.in.dc at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm having a bit of a problem with gnucash, and while it is probably not a
> bug with gnucash per se, gnucash is the only place where it has caused me a
> problem. I am using gnucash 2.4.11 and gconftool 3.2.5 on a wheezy(ish)
> desktop.
>
> Setup - ssh into my main desktop from a remote desktop and perform a "save
> as" of my gnucash file, exit gnucash.
> Problem - when I return to my main desktop, gnucash does not pull up the
> most recently "saved as" file. gnucash opens the data file that was
> originally opened from the remote desktop before the "save as" even though
> I have exited the program, and shell from the remote host.

That is interesting, I see the same issue (using xml format) running
Ubuntu (12.10 on the local machine, 12.04 on the remote).  The
saved-as file does not even appear in the recent files list when GC is
run directly on the remote machine (after running remotely), but it
does appear in the list and is opened automatically if GC is run again
using ssh -X.  Presumably it is an issue with gconf and X forwarding.

Colin