Fwd: Closing books

Dean Gibson gnucash at ultimeth.com
Tue Jan 8 12:17:56 EST 2013

On 2013-01-07 07:46, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Dean,
>
> Are you saying you have never run a Balance Sheet or Income Statement
> (P&L) Report?  ...   But it's interesting to see my total-to-date
> on Income ... and wonder where it all went.  ;)
>
> -derek

I just look in the accounts that I use for closing income and expenses,
and that gives me all the information I need:

1. Total income (and expenses) since I started keeping track.
2. Total income (and expenses) for the year.
3. When I click on a closing transaction for a year, I see the total
income (and expenses) for each category of income (and expenses).