Setting up mortgage payments

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Wed Jan 9 12:58:44 EST 2013

>Okay.  As I said in my previous email, gnucash cannot handle the
>interest rate changing more often than the payments.

Perhaps worth a comment that this is NOT a limitation just for gnucash.
If you think about, no computerized system nor even any human system can
IN ADVANCE specify a future transaction when the amounts are not finally
determined (in this case interest rate might or might not change)
between the time specified and the date due. You have to wait and find
out what the (actual) amounts were.

The problem isn't simply that the rates change more often than the
period (gnucash can't handle that) but that any such changes aren't
defined until they occur (nothing can handle that). I am assuming here
that what you mean is that the rates are adjusted according to changes
in the money market. ROFLOL if I had software capable of correctly
predicting THAT in advance I wouldn't be using it just for an accounting
package.

Michael

--
There is no possibility of social justice on a dead planet except the equality of the grave.