Bill vs payment

tereque tereque at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 04:44:30 EST 2013

Hi everybody,

I am discovering more and more of the 'business section' which seams to
offer some really useful tools. But I am still having a little trouble
mastering them.
At present I am figthing with a Bill & payment of it against where in
the end the payments are posted to. Naturally I need a payment that has
been done (through "process payment" in this case) to be posted to  an
asset account and on the other side an expenses account of my choice.
What I do is the following:

I post a Bill to an a/p account
I pay this bill with 'process payment' from asset account 'cash'

problem: the corresponding account for this transaction from asset
account 'cash' is still the a/p account

solution: I change the corresponding account to an expenses account the
an expenses acccount of my choice

new problem: this messes up my Bill vs payment system (the bill is
market 'due' and not 'paid')

how to get out of this ?

thanks as always
Bela