Advance Portfolio Basis for funds not working

David Carlson carlson.dl at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 13 15:52:29 EST 2013

On 1/13/2013 10:54 AM, FireFly wrote:
> I'm having the same issue, I've managed to figure mine down to some "sale" transactions that I had, if I remove all the sale transactions then my basis shows up.
>
> The funny part is that some accounts I have sales in are just fine, no issues at all, others have this problem, so I'm really not sure what's causing it.
>
> - James Duerr
>

> E-mail: FireFlys_98 at yahoo.com
> ---------------------
> Discover a lost art - play Marbles. May 2004
> www.marillion.com
>

> ________________________________

I have also seen this.  At one point I thought that I could make some of
the fields repopulate themselves by carefully making sure that there are
prices in the file for those securities on the dates in question and
that "nearest in time" option is selected in the report options for
security valuation.  However, that was some time ago and I have not had
time to pursue that further.  You might try playing with that.  Since
there are three choices for basis calculation method, try playing with
those. If there are multiple purchases and/or sales, lot identification
may be a factor.
Errors in capital gain entries and failure to associate dividends with
their respective securities properly will also affect this report. Right
now I am working on correcting capital gains in old sales in my data file.
I also have not figured out how to get money in, brokerage fees, total
return or rate of return to populate correctly.

David C