Advance Portfolio Basis for funds not working

David Carlson carlson.dl at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 14 14:35:43 EST 2013

On 1/13/2013 5:04 PM, FireFly wrote:
> Figured mine out, It had been so long since I'd played with the
> Advanced Portfolio that I'd forgotten to change Basis to FIFO, change
> to that from Average fixed my issue (thanks David for the reminder).
>
> - James Duerr
>
> E-mail: FireFlys_98 at yahoo.com
> ---------------------
> Discover a lost art - play Marbles. May 2004
> www.marillion.com

To David T

Some reports seem to have errors if they try to show a value for a
security on a date that is is not present in the Security Price Editor.
I do not know if that is an issue here, but I have some securities whose
prices cannot be downloaded by GnuCash and I have to remember to go to
the proper website to search for the prices manually.  Prices can be
entered manually for any security on any date using the price editor.
While that is a pain in the a__, I don't need to mess with code.  Most
historical prices can be found at Google Finance or Yahoo Finance.  When
you have a transaction, it always has an associated price, but it might
be different than the daily closing price (or bid price in some cases).

As an aside, there is a neat stock portfolio tracking program called
TakeStock 2 available for free at http://ravib.com/takestock/2/ which
has dynamic one click links to info about whichever securities that you
are tracking.

David C