gnucash deamon/windows service?

jcard21 xxxxxxx jcard21+gnucash at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 07:58:51 EST 2013

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 7:34 AM, Matt Funk <matze999 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> i have been wondering if the following is possible. I am somewhat of a lazy
> user, and sometimes time gets away such that i don't get to do my finances
> for quite some time. Anyway, due to that, transactions are sometimes not
> available anymore from the financial institution.
>
> So my questions is:
> Does there exist some gnucash daemon/service that runs in the background
> and automatically gets my transactions for the next time that i get around
> to doing my finances?
>
> thanks
> matt

Wrong question! :-)

You should ask: What can I do to keep better tabs on my finances?

Answer:

1) Decide to quit being "a somewhat lazy user".

2) You can follow Ben Franklin's model (from his autobiography):

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgz0uePJl21qbqgxwo1_1280.jpg

Adjust his daily schedule to your convenience.

--
jcard21