Where does gnucash store report ingo in Windows 7???

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Tue Jan 15 10:23:29 EST 2013

On 15-01-13 15:49, John Ralls wrote:
> On Jan 14, 2013, at 10:51 PM, Laurence Nagel <lwn at omega-enterprises.net> wrote:
>
>> That's the way gnucash works in Linux, and I believe that's the way it worked in previous versions of on Windows.  Now there are no .gconf or .gnucash created, and when I copy those files to my directory from Linux they are ignored. gnucash/Windows 7 now looks in a different place!  By the way, I'm using version 2.4.11.
>>
> Might %HOME% or (less likely) %GNC_DOT_DIR% be set to point somewhere strange in the environment?
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

Oops, I misunderstood your question. I thought you were wondering if
setting %HOME% to something different could fix the problem, but your
question was rather if %HOME% is set to something unusual and hence the
cause of the problem. Sorry for the noise.

It could be useful for us to know what %HOME% is set to actually, to
evaluate if it might contain invalid characters as Michael suggested in
the old thread referred recently in a similar thread (titled
"preferences") by David T.

Geert