annoyingly rounding off

Mark Smith gnucashorg at awayand.sleepmail.com
Sat Jan 19 10:51:50 EST 2013

> > I have a transaction that does not accept decimal places, whenever I
> > enter something like 11.33, it rounds off to 11.00.
> >

> I'll hazard a guess that it's a security account and that you set the
> fraction to 1/1 when you created the security. You can fix that in
> Tools>Security Editor.

Thanks, but unfortunately that was not it. Seems to be a bug. Something
is messed up with the locale (just a hunch) or the trading accounts
(since this happens in transactions involving trading accounts). I tried
to edit existing transactions, and they have the same problem. The
transactions are recorded correctly with decimals, but when I click into
the field, the display of the number changes to a rounded number. I have
checked the settings of the account, its smalles fraction is set to "use
commodity value".
Here is a demo of my problem: http://imgur.com/yEPr9tT
I am using v.2.4.11 on windows. Thanks!