TXF categories in 2.4.10

Michael C. Smith michael.c.smith at alumni.cmu.edu
Mon Jan 21 01:38:26 EST 2013

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply.  I understand Intuit's parochial interest in
moving to a closed interface between it's accounting and tax software
packages.

I'm trying to use the tax report to assemble the information for my tax
preparer (a human, not software).  As a result, I don't personally need
the data to be "good enough" to be used as input to any tax preparation
package.  (There aren't many that are available for Ubuntu users, anyway).

Would you have any guidance for enhancing tax.scm in order to create a
more complete representation of US tax forms?  Understanding the various
fields in tax.scm would be a good start for me.

Thanks,

Mike