Autocomplete help

Rand Batchelder randfb at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 22 13:57:47 EST 2013

I have been using gnucash for over a year.

My usual procedure is to import transactions from my bank and credit card.

On import the user is presented with a form and I assume to memorize transactions, you have to specify the accounts at this point.  But most of the time I don't.

After they are imported, I go through them and correct the payee and the accounts, but there doesn't appear to be any auto-complete at this point.

I thought of doing a batch autocomplete utility. Imagine that you had 200 transactions that were assigned the default imbalance acct.  The utility would search through past transactions and recommend account assignments.  I would probably implement this through a spreadsheet, using direct access to the sqlite file.

please advise,
Rand