Alert if projected balance is below zero

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jan 24 16:09:36 EST 2013

Hi,

"Maf. King" <maf at chilwell.net> writes:

> On Wed 23 January 13 13:11:44 gnucash_rob wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> is there anyway to have an alert flash up, like with scheduled transactions
>> appearing to inform you if any of your bank accounts have a projected
>> balance of less than zero?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

> Hi Rob,
>
> Not as far as I know.  You can set a column on the accounts list view for
> "future minimum"  which may help?

Moreover, GnuCash will display a negative balance in red, both in the
register that went negative as well as in the chart of accounts.  So
basically as soon as you enter the transaction that takes an account
negative you should immediately see that in the register's running
balance.