How do I remove an entry from the aging receivables report

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jan 24 16:15:36 EST 2013

Hi,

"Maf. King" <maf at chilwell.net> writes:

> On Thu 24 January 13 16:46:51 Feidhlim Harty wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've just completed the 2012 year with GnuCash. I've entered old
>> invoice-due amounts as opening balances for my accountant, but now these
>> amounts appear in my aging receivables report even though they are paid
>> (because I didn't go through the pay invoice process). Is there any way to
>> get rid of entries in aging receivables without doing up a fresh invoice
>> for each of these clients?
>>

> Hi,
>
> How about deleting the payments that you have recorded and then doing a
> process payment for each invoice?  That way, you get to keep the invoice
> history and the paid invoices won't show up in the A/R ageing report.

Indeed, this is what you MUST do.  The only way to clear out your aging
is to balance them out, and the only way to balance them out (other than
unposting the invoice), is to process payment.

Good Luck,