Reports in different language

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jan 25 11:57:56 EST 2013

Hi,

Nestor Stura <nestor.stura at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
> I have a new customer in Holland and I need to invoice in English while my
> system and legacy language is Spanish.
>
> I know and have done customised reports but I do not know how to change
> report's texts like "Factura" = Invoice or "Condiciones" = Payment terms,
> that are built in the report.
>
> Is there any easy way around? Or how can I change the invoice report
> without losing my Spanish version.

Unfortunately the reports are translated into the same language as the
UI and there is no way to do otherwise.  In order to change the language
for a report you will need to re-run GnuCash in that other language and
create/print the report.  Note that you can set up the report in your
primary language, leave the report it open, and then exit and re-run
gnucash in the other language just to print the report with the correct
translation.  Just be sure to print the report before reverting back to
your normal language.

Alas, that's the only way to do it right now.