Year end category reporting

Scumbuster scumbuster at comcast.net
Sun Jan 27 10:15:17 EST 2013

Hi all

I am a new user (and definitely not yet a "power user) .  Been using gnucash
for a little while now, after finding it to be an awesome alternative to
Quicken and their never ending demands for upgrades.

Anyhoo, I am trying to figure out the best way to generate and print a
report that will list the sum totals of all "accounts" (which would have
been categories in quicken) so I can see where the money went.

I use this report for taxes -- ie medical, auto costs, etc.

I have figured out how to do a report of the accounts but it is for the
entire timespan of all my records which I had imported.

How can I specify a date-range in these reports?

Thanks in advance!