Entering fixed assets dated before opening balance

Gavin Dingley gavindingley at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 28 11:55:21 EST 2013

Hello,
I am very new to GNUCash, but have followed a couple of tutorials, and am
interested in using this software for a small business. GNUCash will allow
you to enter an asset that predates the opening balance, but I was wondering
if this is good book keeping. I have equipment that I would like to
incorporate into the business (sole trader) that I purchased some time ago.

Thank you in advance and look forward to your advice,

Gavin