Autocomplete help

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Jan 28 12:50:46 EST 2013

Hi,

randfb <randfb at yahoo.com> writes:

> Ok,  I am learning.
> Am I correct ? The only learning that takes place is from user entries in
> the import form.

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.  The IMPORTER only learns
from changes that happen in the importer itself.  The GC Register
Autocompetion dictionary is built from the transactions in the register.

> If I am importing a checking acct from a bank download, I have to go to the
> check images to enter the payee, while I am entering data in the import
> form.

Yes.

> It would be nice if gnucash could memorize transactions as they are edited
> in the register.

The importer doesn't know about that.

> That seems to be the way Quicken used to work.

You're welcome to go back to Quicken.  Or you're welcome to send in a
patch to get GnuCash to work the way you want.  :)