what exchange rate gnucash uses for reports - it's not what I entered manually

Krokodill Geena krok.geena at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 14:46:04 EST 2013

I have searched here and there but I still can not figure out, where
gnucash gets the exchange rate for the reports.
It is obviously not the exchange rate I have entered with Tools>Price
Editor > sect the currency, enter correct exchange rate, save (date is
today)
Guess what, report still show about 10 years old exchange rate. :)
Yes, I have disabled the automatic update and this did not help me at all.

Because there is now way to add a new currency, I had to use good old
and so dead FIM as a "place holder" to save me from manual conversions
(there is no FIM any more because it was wiped out by EU euphoria back
in 2002)

Yes, I have disabled the automatic update and this did not help me at all.
I even attempted to use Tools > Price Editor > Remove Old.
Nothing, still that same old rate :(

Is it hardcoded somewhere? Where?

Thank you for your help