Matching transactions in the 'Imbalance' account

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 29 02:16:37 EST 2013

Actually, Peter, you're describing exactly what I thought.

If, in step 1, you take the time **in the importer window** to match the transactions in Account A with their appropriate "destination" accounts (e.g., Account B), then the importer in step 2 (in most cases) will match the incoming Account B transactions with the existing Account A transactions. No duplicates.

If you want to keep doing it the way you are doing it, then the fix is to delete the duplicate transactions in Account B that point to Imbalance. That is the slow way to do it, though.

David