Generating Customer Bills

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Thu Jul 11 16:59:42 EDT 2013

On Thu 11 July 13 13:14:11 Herbert W. Eber wrote:
> Derek,
> Every time I get disgusted with GNU-cash (and/or myself) for being unable to
> do what I want, I come back to try again because so much is so excellent
> that there MUST be a way to do ...
>
> When I write you and receive a rapid clear response, I am further convinced
> to keep on.  Thanks; now may I ask 2 (really 4) questions?
>
> 1)	If I want to delete unposted invoices, is that simply find them in the
> A/Rmembers account and delete?  Any special tricks involved?

Hi Herb,

If you have created an invoice for test purposes, the data object can't be
deleted out of the gnucash datafile (at least, not without hacking about in
the file manually, and do that at your peril!).  Think in terms of tearing a
page out of an old-style invoice book, but never actually filling it in or
sending it - the page doesn't cease to exist just because you didn't fill it
out and put the carbon copy in your sales ledger.

What you can do, though, is find it (through Business->Customer->Find Invoice
[search for unposted invoices]) then assign it to a different customer (or
same customer but new invoice number/date etc). Then fill out the invoice
lines as required and finally post it back into the A/R account.  Think of it
as picking up that blank page and finally using it!

> 2)	new subject: Can I control info placement on a style sheet so that,
e.g.,
> I can adapt to ythe needs of a window envelope? Chapter 13 is not clear
> enough for me; what do I need to know?

Can't help with this one, though.

HTH,
Maf.