budget liabilities seeming to have the wrong sign in report

Henry Gomersall heng at cantab.net
Mon Jul 22 12:36:23 EDT 2013

My apologies if this is not a bug (due to my misunderstanding) or if it
has been fixed in a recent version.

With GnuCash 2.4.1, when dealing with budgets, I've noticed that if I
add positive amount to a liability account, it appears as a positive
increase to the liabilities in the budget report, but as a reduction in
the budget balance sheet liabilities (with a negative "New Liabilities"
amount).

Conversely, if I add a negative amount to the liability account, the
budget report shows a negative amount but now the budget balance sheet
liabilities to up.

It appears to me that the budget balance sheet report is making a sign
error. Have a missed something or is this indeed a bug?

Cheers,

Henry