Database error for scheduled transactions

Geoff Jankowski geoff.jankowski at me.com
Wed Jul 24 10:41:22 EDT 2013

GNUCASH 2.4.13 (built from r4dc6397+ on 2013-04-20) on a Mac OSX 10.8.4

After successfully transferring all my data from Quicken to gnucash via qif file and reconciling all my accounts, I today lost everything I have added to gnucash since 24th June.  This is also the day I moved from an XML format to an SQL file.

I do not recall doing anything special at the time and have regularly closed and opened gnucash on the machine which has also regularly been shut down and restarted.  I can see no reason for this sudden data loss.

After researching what to do I have rebuilt the data from the log files into a test copy of the file that I made to preserve the original.

Although some of the log files enter without error, some of them give a series of "Unable to save to database" errors.  The number varies for each file.  I think I have worked out that it is the scheduled transactions in the log file that it is unable to process as the data has all been recovered except for the scheduled transactions of which there were many!  I have not tried to reconcile yet as I can see that the scheduled transactions are all missing.

I have read that there were a load of bugs around this activity in the previous 2.3.x versions but that it was supposedly fixed.

I am assuming that the data is still there but somehow locked in a database that my copy of gnucash cannot access.  Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix?  If not, I will have to dispense with the scheduled transactions (a bit of a pain) until it can be resolved.  Where is this data stored and can I extract and use it in some other way?

I welcome any feedback or links to help me resolve the problem.  Thanks.

Geoff
+44 20 7100 1092
+44 7770 58 48 38
+33 5 46 97 13 89