Best way to import data or create transaction

Niranjan Rao nhrdls at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 18:01:14 EDT 2013

Greetings,

Paycheck I receive varies every cycle and as a result so does the split
amounts of the transaction. The service provider my company uses has
data available on the site, but no downloads except payslip stub in PDF
format.

I have written a simple scraper and I able to login and scrape data from
service provider.

Normally I get a notification few days in advance about upcoming
paycheck. I would like to scrape data and create a transaction in
gnucash that has right splits based on this scraped data. Ideally I
should be able to change upcoming scheduled transaction with the new data.

What will be the best way to do this? I am not yet saving the scraped
data so changing incoming data format is not a big deal.

Regards,

Niranjan