Help with importer needed

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 14:18:29 EDT 2013

On 6/2/2013 9:23 AM, Scumbuster wrote:
> Ok, so I have figured out how to go back and find the transactions that were
> NOT imported....just import the file again and it "knows".
>
> Also figured out how to change the account assignment,,,,
>
> Still not "learning" the correct accounts though.....the same vendor/bill
> appears as a mismatch or imbalance
>
> Thanks all

The importer is far from perfect.  It's accuracy seems to vary a lot
from bank to bank, but not so well with my banks.  If it is about half
right, that may be all you get.

I have to individually fix over half of my imported transactions.  Many
even appear as red, which means that they won't import at all unless I
change something.  The importer often wants to assign a restaurant
purchase to gasoline or vice versa, even when there were recent
transactions to the same store.  It often cannot match existing
transactions correctly either.  I have to manually check every 'match'
because sometimes it is wrong and if it gets through it is very
difficult to fix because that usually means that some transaction which
should have been 'new' is missing.   I just plan on spending a lot of
time with certain imports.

If I am pressed for time I just make all transactions 'new' and leave
questionable ones set to 'imbalance', then go back later to fix them.

David C