GnuCash mobile / online

Buddha Buck blaisepascal at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 06:09:42 EDT 2013

Many of us have had success with putting our GnuCash data files on Dropbox.
 For me, this allows me to be able to update my Makerspace's books from at
home, at work, and a the Makerspace itself whenever I get an email
containing an invoice or a Paypal payment notification.  There are other
solutions to the multiple machine issue.

GnuCash is not designed to have multiple people working on a single set of
books simultaneously, so no matter how you solve the multiple-machine
issue, you will have to quit GnuCash on Machine A before running GnuCash
(on the same data file) on Machine B.

There is an Android app called "GnuCash for Android" which allows on-the-go
data collection, but it isn't a full-fledged port of GnuCash.  It collects
transaction data as it happens to export into an OFX suitable for import
into GnuCash.  I haven't used it much myself.

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 5:53 AM, Darius Damalakas <darius.damalakas at gmail.com