Can't select data file

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Jun 11 09:51:54 EDT 2013

Steve <butterandsalt at gmail.com> writes:

> The fact that it works under a different user (thank goodness) is a relief,
> so I know it's not the data file, and at least I know it's not the GC
> portable program.  And as I think I mentioned I did re download the GC
> program, but that makes no difference.  I also thought maybe something in
> one of the GC config files got screwed up, so I replaced those with a b/u
> copy, to no avail.

What is the username under which it works?
What is the username under which it fails?

There are some characters that are valid for Windows user names that
cause issues with some of the dependencies that GnuCash uses.  For
example, if you have spaces in the name, or certain punctuation
characters, or even some international characters, it can cause broken
behavior.