Auto splitting for transactions?

elvis elvis at dogonfire.com
Wed Jun 26 00:02:04 EDT 2013

On 06/15/13 02:45, Nico wrote:
> I saw there is a function for splitting transactions manually, but need to
> know if some kind of "auto-splitting" could be accomplished. Ideally the
> function I need is to have a special account type where I could set
> percentages to different associated accounts, so when using this account
> the ammount of the transaction would be split accross them. With an example.

Hi Nico,

I have a similar problem with Australian GST. What you have asked for
has been raised on the list quite a few times over the years and I don't
think you are going to get what you want. The usual suggestion is to use
the invoicing/payments system, which really isn't a solution because it
just takes too much time. Would work for a hobbiest but not for anyone
whos time is money.

What I am going to do is write a small script to do the splits in the
.qif file before I import it and get around the problem that way. I can
auto import 100 transactions at work in the time it takes to manually
enter and split 5 using gnucash at present, and I would like to even
that up.

Cheers

Lawrence

--
"Milhouse, we live in the age of cooties!" - Bart Simpson