Aw: Empty transactions in General Ledger

Carsten Rinke carsten.rinke at gmx.de
Wed Jun 26 08:20:06 EDT 2013

   Hi Michael,

   how exactly do you open the General Ledger tab?
   What menu item do you click?

   Kind regards,
   Carsten

   Gesendet: Mittwoch, 26. Juni 2013 um 10:26 Uhr
   Von: "Michael Hendry" <hendry.michael at gmail.com>
   An: "gnucash-user at gnucash.org list" <gnucash-user at gnucash.org>
   Betreff: Empty transactions in General Ledger
   Now using 2.4.13 with Mac OS X 10.8.4, I was puzzled by the four blank
   transactions appearing with today's date in my General Ledger tab.
   Realising that I had tabs open for three credit cards and one bank
   account, I closed each of these in turn, and saw the date disappear
   from each of these transactions, one by one.
   Closing the General Ledger tab and re-opening it removed the empty
   lines.
   Re-opening the bank and credit card accounts brings back one empty
   transaction for each account (provided the General Ledger tab is closed
   and re-opened).
   I suspect that this is a cosmetic problem only, and reflects the blank
   transaction (with today's date already entered) at the bottom of each
   asset account's tab.
   Michael