QIF import - Inconsistent Date - How to fix?

bunk3m bunk3m at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 15:28:43 EST 2013

I'm trying to move a huge QIF file (1.6MB) with nearly 20 years of data
in it over to gnucash.  I'm starting with a new empty gnucash file.

The date format export from the old program uses the system date which
is dd.mm.yyyy.   (I am in Canada but prefer the dd.mm.yyyy format.)  My
system date is therefore custom but shows dd.mm.yyyy.

Gnucash is supposed to use the system date too????  I have set the
Europe as the Date Format so it also shows dd.mm.yyyy.

How do I figure out which transactions create this "inconsistent date"
error?

How do I fix the QIF so I can import all these transactions?

Gnucash 2.4.11  r22264M
Mac OS Intel 10.8.2

My searches haven't found a solution :-(
Please cc me directly as I'm on daily digest mode.

Thanks in advance.
B.