Help with General Ledger!!

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sun Mar 3 05:00:07 EST 2013

Drew wrote:
> Ok, I may have found some more info.  I booted into the Win7 partition
> that
> everything works on, and what I found out is that I need to see my
> 'Checking
> Account', not my General Ledger.  I searched through the help menu, but
> can't find out how to show this account when I open my .gnucash file from
> different PC.
>
> any ideas??

Information on which accounts (and reports) to show when opening the
program is stored in another file. See this bit of the FAQ for details,
because these can also be copied to your second PC
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_How_do_I_backup_my_GC_environment.2C_including_preferences.3F

However, if you open the main Account window, you can find your cheque
account. You may have stored it under Assets or Current Assets.
Then when you leave the account open the new preferences file on the
second PC will record that diligently, and will open the desired account
for you next time.
Liz