Using GnuCash for Android

Lukas Haase lukashaase at gmx.at
Wed Mar 6 03:43:07 EST 2013

Hi,

Is there an info how this is supposed to be used?

Option 1: I just have a minimum set of accounts on my Android (this is
in fact what I would prefer). E.g., there is only "Expenses". When I
import the OFX, I can review each transaction and change
source/destination accounts.
However, when importing the OFX, it seems that I can just map individual
accounts (also not on a per-transaction basis).

Option 2: There is a 1:1 mapping between the accounts on the desktop and
Android. But how do I get the account hierarchy on Android (without
creating everything by hand - hundreds of accounts? I found no import
etc. Even if I mnaged this: How to I maintain the account hierarchy,
keep them up to date on both sides?

Apart from that: How do I keep the balance up to date on Android? I
understand that there is no full synchronization ... but it seems that I
cannot set an initial balance on Android. So my Android and desktop
balances differ per-se.

Thanks,
Luke