Convert foreign currency reports to USD

George Olson grglsn765 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 04:26:19 EDT 2013

On 03/11/2013 03:46 PM, whwtan wrote:

> Hi George,
>
> When you have prepared a report, you can click on the "Options" button.
> In the Report options, select the "Commodities" tab and you can then
> select your currency you wish the report to be prepared in.
>
> If you have already done so and you are still not seeing anything, take
> a look to see if you have Price Source selected as "Nearest in Time"
> [Again this is in the "Commodities" tab]
> I would assume you have your exchange rates set in your "Price Editor"
> since you've had to fiddle with exchange rates.
>
> Hope it helps.
>
> William

Hi William,

Thanks for that, it really helps. On the options button I was able to
select the currency for the report.

One question, though. There is no "commodities" tab (I am using the
Transactions Report for each individual account that I need to make a
report on), so I do not have any way to select "Nearest in Time" for the
currency exchange rates. How do I know that the exchange rate the report
is using for each individual line item is the nearest in time, if I
cannot set that?

--
George Olson
Box #1: 12.2 | KDE 4.9.2 | AMD Phenom IIX4 | 64 | ATI Radeon HD 3300  | 16GB
| 8GB
learning openSUSE and loving it