Convert foreign currency reports to USD

whwtan whwtan at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 11 03:46:40 EDT 2013

On 11 March 2013 02:37:13 PM, George Olson wrote:

> This year, as I am preparing my taxes, I am finding out that I cannot
> do the same as I did last year. Under the General tab under
> Transaction Reports, the Report Currency is grayed out and I am unable
> to select anything. It says USD, but the report is coming out in
> whatever currency the transaction was made in.
>
> I am using gnucash 2.4.11 under openSUSE 12.2.
>
> Is there a way to make my reports come out in USD? Otherwise there is
> a significant amount of extra work involved, having to export the
> report to a spreadsheet and then set up manual conversions based on
> the appropriate date.

Hi George,

When you have prepared a report, you can click on the "Options" button.
In the Report options, select the "Commodities" tab and you can then
select your currency you wish the report to be prepared in.

If you have already done so and you are still not seeing anything, take
a look to see if you have Price Source selected as "Nearest in Time"
[Again this is in the "Commodities" tab]
I would assume you have your exchange rates set in your "Price Editor"
since you've had to fiddle with exchange rates.

Hope it helps.

William