Help: with reports and to change GnuCash from Dutch into English or French

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Mar 12 11:46:04 EDT 2013

On Mar 12, 2013, at 8:18 AM, Wouter A BOS <w.bos at bosservices.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are relatively new users of GnuCash (Dutch living in France). Sorry for my English writing.
> In short, to explain you our situation: With my wife and son of 11, we are living in France. My wife has a medical practice in a rural area (social).
> For her, I take care of the administration: patient income and expenditure (her invoices). All the justifications I neatly put in a paper folder (manual) and then register the income and expenditures in the appropriate GnuCash accounts. So far so good (I thinkJ)
> With GnuCash, for the registration of her income and expenditures, I started in 2011. At the end of 2011 I was able to produce, for the French accountant : a balance sheet, general ledger, journal entries. These reports are required by the French accountant.
>
> Meanwhile I continued, after 2011, just to key in her income and expenditures for 2012, this in the appropriate GnuCash accounts. Evenings and w-e I worked and now all 2012 is registered in GnuCash.
>
> Somewhat frustrated I am now because I am unable to get for her accountant 2012: balance sheet, general ledger and journal entries to produce for 2012 only. I lose a lot of time now to try it again and again.
> Please help. Possibly I would call one of you or even better I propose to use TeamViewer to show what I want and what I am doing (wrongJ)
>

> I am using the Dutch version of GnuCash and I would like to use the English. Is it possible to change the software from Dutch into English and would this harm my current file?
>
> Can I also print from reports MS Excel sheets to send to the accountant?  All this info I can’t find in the manual.
>
> Thank you for your advice and help.

There's no English, Dutch, or French version of Gnucash. Just change your localization settings. See
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Locale_Settings
for details. It will have no effect on your data file: What you've entered in Dutch will stay in Dutch.

Once you create a report, click the Options button on the toolbar and select the General tab. There you'll find controls for
adjusting the date range of the report.

Regards,
John Ralls