Bond prices in GnuCash by means of Valora number?

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 12:45:27 EDT 2013

Hi,

Am 20.03.2013 11:28, schrieb rsbrux:
> After posting  this
> <http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/quote-pm-1-18-download-tp4660566.html>

Sorry, but because I am not using windows I can not help you with that.

> , I realized that the module I mentioned for downloading bond quotes
> requires CUSIP numbers.  As I am generally buying bonds in Europe, I
> generally don't have a CUSIP, and can more easily get a Valora number. Can
> anyone point me to a way of getting quotes into GC based on Valora numbers?

Which GnuCash version and language settings
[http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Locale_Settings]
are you using? In more recent versions the string reads "ISIN, CUSIP or
other code" and in the sources is a comment for translators to replace
CUSIP by the symbol of their national security number.

So, yes, you can use your valora numbers.

But if you wish to get online quotes, it is more important, to find the
right symbol. While e.g. german providers use usually their national
WertpapierKennNummer (WKN), Yahoo uses usually the ISIN and the
abbreviation of the exchange.
[http://svn.gnucash.org/docs/C/gnucash-help/tips.html]

So finally the symbol field is important for online quotes.
The Code field is only for your personal use.

HTH
Frank