Bond prices in GnuCash by means of Valora number?

rsbrux rsbrux at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 21 18:25:01 EDT 2013

Hi Frank,
Thanks for the quick response.  I am using GC2.4.8 in American English.
I reverted to 2.4.8 after encountering the problems described in  this post
<http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/GnuCash-2-4-10-released-td4362837i20.html#a4482706>
.  I see from the Finance::Quote page whose link you provided that Fidelity
Direct is now incorporated in 2.4.11, but I am nervous about trying it.
I guess I will have to though, because the Security Editor now says
"Warning: Finance::Quote not installed properly", even though I used it
successfully to download quotes on 18 March and am not aware of anything
changing since then.
After examining the security numbers I have for my bonds, I don't think they
are Valora.  For example, I have 010879201.00 for a 2% bond from
Commonwealth Bank Australia.  Could that be an ISIN?  What would I put in as
an exchange, and where? The security editor in 2.4.8 doesn't have an
"exchange" field; this role appears to be played by the "type" field.   This
post
<https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2011-November/041880.html>
suggests simply filling "type" with "BOND".  Is that what I should use as
exchange?