Bond prices in GnuCash by means of Valora number?

rsbrux rsbrux at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 21 19:09:14 EDT 2013

P.S. I have upgraded to 2.4.11 and attempted to reinstall Finance::Quote
using the link in the Windows Start menu as recommended in the help topic
"Steps to enable On-line price updating".
However, the installation script produced an error:

* Check Perl

* Install DateManip

No missing packages to install

* Install Crypt-SSLeay

No missing packages to install

* Install Finance-Quote

No missing packages to install

* Run gnc-fq-check

You need to install the following Perl modules:
  Finance::Quote

Use your system's package manager to install them,
or run 'gnc-fq-update' as root.
missing-lib

An error occurred, see above.

Press any key to continue . . .
<<
Needless to say, I cannot use my system's package manager.
I found a couple of posts from people with similar problems:
http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2011-May/039868.html
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnome.apps.gnucash.user/33434
but no suggestions on how to fix it :-(