Bond prices in GnuCash by means of Valora number?

rsbrux rsbrux at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 21 20:03:29 EDT 2013

Have Finance::Quote working again.  I forgot that I had renamed quote.pm in
order to replace it with an experimental version.  Running the install
script again identified it as 1.17, which is not the latest version.  It
retrieved my stock and currency quotes, bot not the bond mentioned above.  I
tried Yahoo Australia, Australian Stock Exchange and Fidelity Direct.
Fidelity Direct is apparently not correctly implemented, as it displays a
hard error.  Both of the other 2 report failure for the code/symbol provided
and offer to retrieve quotes for the other securities.
I have now found these instructions:
http://www.candland.net/2008/02/23/getting-financequote-installed-and-working-on-windows-for-gnucash/
on how to build Finance::Quote for Windows, and this reference:
http://superuser.com/questions/462369/where-do-i-find-nmake-for-windows-xp
to a source for nmake for Windows:
ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/Softlib/MSLFILES/Nmake15.exe
I will try to build Finance::Quote 1.18 and report back.