Unnatural yearning for color

Steve butterandsalt at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 22:17:57 EDT 2013

David... Derek was showing some provincial Linux humor, cute but hardly
satisfying :)

My problem was with the gtk2_prefs
program/application/whatever-one-wants-to-call-it.  It's just as I use
gnuCash, it's so plain and colorless, albeit it largely works.  Yes, the tab
coloring does work, but the hope of coloring in the various registers that
gtk2_prefs gave a whiff of, makes me homesick.

It really would be nice if gnuCash got dressed up and went out dancing once
in a while.  it's so boilerplate and dull accounting like, a dash of color
in a windows environment would be welcome.  might even attract another 83
users.

am i goin' try gtk2_prefs again without any indication that something has
been addressed?  not on your life.

Doesn't mean that my desire for color in the routine execution of this
application doesn't exist :(

Curled up in a corner, bland and depressed; but still a daily user.